1731 Vallejo Street
San Francisco, CA 94123
Security Deposit: 1.5 x Rent
Parking: 1 car garage $250/mo
Amenities: Shared courtyard
Available Date: Now
Lease Term: 1 year
Utilities Included: Water
Property Type: Unfurnished
Laundry: In Unit
Storage: In garage
Elite Leasing: BrownPatki@vanguardsf.com
Mahesh - Mobile: 415.513.2989
*Email for quicker response*
Agent Brian Brown (BRE #01461194)
Agent: Mahesh Patki (BRE#01948053)
- Rare opportunity to lease a historic medieval style castle in the heart of Pacific Heights.
- Built in 1921 by Digby Brooks and designed by architect Henry Gutterson.
- Numerous historic details throughout the home including exposed brick, stenciled beams, custom door hardware, custom Fortuny chandelier and stained glass windows.
- Double story grand living space with working fireplace and exposed beam ceiling.
- Kitchen remodeled with high-end stainless steel Gaggenau appliances, Sub-zero refrigerator and Bosch dishwasher.
- Light filled Master bedroom with skylights, walk-in closet and attached bath.
- Second bedroom with fireplace, skylights and attached bath.
- Bedrooms with views out to lush garden courtyard.
- Bathrooms finished in stone and feature high end fixtures.
- Bonus rooms including an office and a room in the ‘turret’.
- Washer/dryer in unit
- 1 car parking garage included.
- Shared landscaped courtyard space with fountain, fire-pit and BBQ.
- Featured in numerous news articles. It was first featured in San Francisco’s Building Review in July 1922 which noted “the individuality of the owner is expressed in some interesting examples of his craft, door plates and handles, lighting fixtures of hand wrought copper”. Read more here on page 91: https://play.google.com/books/reader?id=KDPnAAAAMAAJ&printsec=frontcover&output=reader&pg=GBS.PP7
The castle is also mentioned in:
Susan Cerny’s “An Architectural Guidebook to San Francisco and the Bay Area”
San Francisco Chronicle’s “Cityscape” by John King, on Sunday Jan 31, 2010
Gentry Magazine (Date unknown)
San Francisco Magazine
The New Fillmore - http://newfillmore.com/2015/06/03/the-castle-on-vallejo
- WalkScore of 98. Couple of blocks from great shopping and dining on Union and Van Ness Streets.
- TransitScore of 94 with multiple MUNI bus lines.
- Easy access to Hwy 101 and Golden Gate Bridge.
View our other available rentals at: http://www.brownpatki.com/available-rentals/
Need help finding a rental property? Read about our Relocation Services at http://www.brownpatki.com/relocation/